These waffles are packed full of protein, simple to execute and come together quickly. They can be made fully vegan or not! Simply swap out the egg for a flax egg and use nut or soy milk instead of cow or goat milk. I used gluten-free flour to make this recipe but regular flour would work well too. Top these waffles with a drizzle of nut butter and maybe granola to up the protein punch. So good after a workout!
INGREDIENTS: yields two waffles
- 1 pack of Vanilla HOLOS
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup milk (read note)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp olive oil or canola
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients.
- Add wet to dry and mix thoroughly to combine. The mixture will be thick. If too thick add a splash more milk.
- Top with nut butter and fruit of choice.
*If using regular flour, start with 3/4 cup of milk. Gluten-free flour will require more liquid. This batter is meant to be thick and hearty.