This recipe is part of a series of 5 amazing new ways to eat HOLOS this summer.
Who doesn’t love cookies? How about cookies for BREAKFAST? Yeah, me too. These cookies are like muesli in cookie form. Only a few pantry ingredients that everyone has on hand a bam, cookies for breakfast. Chai HOLOS was the perfect flavour for these wholesome cookies. Chai is a year round favourite spice.
A cookie that packs a protein punch. A hint of chai spice and whole foods make this healthy cookie a perfect breakfast alternative.
(yields 8 large breakfast cookies)
- 1 pouch HOLOS Chai (any flavour works)
- ½ cup oat flour (*if you don’t have oat flour, simply fine grind ½ cup of oats)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg (or vegan flax alternative)
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place parchment on a cookie sheet.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Combine wet ingredients and add to dry. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator to rest for 20 minutes.
- Remove from fridge.
- Use an ice cream scoop to form cookies leaving space in between as they will expand. Bake for 15-17 minutes.