You might already know that at HOLOS, we’re kind of into running. And health. And what that means for each, wonderfully unique individual. You might have also heard of our Ambassador Marc-Antoine Forand, an endurance runner from Quebec who founded “Run for Noah.”
What is Run for Noah, you might ask?
Run for Noah is an initiative that perfectly embodies the HOLOS spirit. You see, nearly 7 years ago, Marc-Antoine’s son Noah was born. Noah happened to be born with three copies of his 21st chromosome – in other words – with Down’s Syndrome.
Marc-Antoine founded “Run for Noah” to not only raise awareness for Down’s Syndrome, but also to demonstrate to his son that with dedication, commitment, and (most importantly) love, we can overcome barriers far greater than we ever thought possible. Last year, Marc-Antoine ran 689 km for Noah, from New York to his hometown in Bromont - the equivalent of 17 marathons in 7 days. He braved the distance to show Noah that there are no physical or mental barriers that cannot be overcome by sheer willpower. And to remind us all that true beauty lies within our differences.
This year at HOLOS, we’re bringing this same spirit to YOU- our incredible community. We’ve set a big goal: To run from the HOLOS headquarters in Quebec to the International Council of Human Rights, based at the United Nation’s Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. That’s 5,663 km.
We’ve picked these starting points to perpetuate the spirit of Run for Noah – to raise awareness for the rights of people of all abilities, and to push for everyone to have the opportunity to achieve great things.
We also picked it because it’s going to be really hard. It’s a big goal, but knowing Marc-Antoine (and the HOLOS team), it wouldn’t be right to do it small.
So, we invite you to join us on this challenge and help us collectively run 5,000 km! To push ourselves, to tackle a big challenge that can only be achieved by coming together. Whether you run 5km or 500 km throughout this challenge, you will have been a part of something bigger than us all. And what better way to celebrate our differences than to come together to support one another in accomplishing something great?
Let’s run. Let’s break down some barriers. For the long run.
The Grand Prize: Every participant who completes at least 10 km throughout the challenge will be entered into a draw for the Grand Prize, which will include:
- A YEAR OF HOLOS!
- HOLOS Long Run Crewneck
- Ciele technical running cap
- A pair of Outway performance socks
- Camino Fair Trade Organic chocolate
- Earth’s Own variety pack
- Athletic Brewing “Run Wild IPA” and Sunglasses
Podiums prizes: Our top male and female distance runners will also each receive a podium prize, which will include:
- The North Face Complete Runner's Kit ( Shoes / Jacket / Shorts / T-Shirt)
- Box of HOLOS
- HOLOS running cap
- Outway performance socks
- Camino Fair Trade Organic chocolate
- Earth’s Own Variety Pack
- Athletic Brewing “Run Wild” IPA Case
1. The challenge will run from midnight on June 21st - midnight at July 4th, 2023
2. While this challenge is hosted on Challenge Hound, you can connect a handful of popular fitness apps for automatic activity syncing! If you have Strava, Garmin, or Fitbit, PLEASE sync your account for easy tracking. Click here to connect!
3. If not using an app, please log your KM’s on this challenge page as soon as you complete a run or walk.
4. This is a running/ walking challenge - no bikes!
5. Anyone may participate in this challenge; however, to be eligible to win the prizes, entrants must be located in either Canada or the USA.
6. Winners for the top distance and raffle prizes will be awarded on July 5th, the day after the challenge finishes.
HOLOS Challenge - Prize rules
Who can enter:
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Canadian or US residents.
2. Employees of HOLOS Foods inc., their affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter.
2. To be eligible for the Grand Raffle prize, participants must complete at least 10 km distance or running or walking activities, logged in the official HOLOS Challenge Page on ChallengeHound.
1. The challenge starts on June 21st, 2023 at 8:00 a.m. EST and all entries must be received by HOLOS Foods inc. by 11:59 p.m. EST on July 4th, 2023. HOLOS Foods inc. is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
2. On July 5th, 2023, at 11:30 a.m. EST, in Québec (Québec), one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries for the grand prize, while podium prizes will be awarded to the top three distance runners throughout the challenge. Remaining valid entries will not carry over to any next drawing.
1. One (1) winner will be selected for the Grand Raffle Prize.
The winner will receive 12 boxes of 12 HOLOS Super Breakfasts ($864 value), one limited-edition HOLOS Long Run Crewneck ($79 value), one Earth’s Own variety pack ($35 value), one case of Athletic Brewing IPA + sunglasses ($25 value), one Ciele hat ($45 value), 4 bars of Organic Camino chocolate ($20 value), and one pair Outway performance socks ($30 value), for a total value of $1,098 CAD. Prizes will be shipped to the winner.
2. Three (3) winners will receive the podium prizes for achieving the top three longest distances run throughout the challenge
3. The winner will receive a box of 12 HOLOS Super Breakfasts ($72 value), one limited-edition HOLOS Long Run Crewneck ($79 value), one Earth’s Own variety pack ($35 value), one case of Athletic Brewing IPA ($15 value), one HOLOS technical hat ($45 value), 4 bars of Organic Camino chocolate ($20 value), and one pair Outway performance socks ($30 value), for a total value of $1,083 CAD.
a. The winners will be notified by direct message and email. Before claiming the prize, the winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to HOLOS Foods inc. at the time of notification. Each winner must show picture identification to claim prize. HOLOS Foods inc. reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
4. To claim the prize, the winner will need to answer a mathematical skill-testing question.
5. If a winner doesn’t respond within 7 days, or does not timely return any identification or documentation needed, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of HOLOS Foods inc. HOLOS Foods inc. has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
7. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that HOLOS Foods inc has the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of winning / Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. For a list of prize winner(s), contact us at email@example.com.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. HOLOS Foods inc. accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. HOLOS Foods inc. cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information. HOLOS Foods inc. is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
5. HOLOS Foods inc. reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the aforementioned contest dates.
6. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against HOLOS Foods inc, and their respective parents, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
7. In Quebec, a dispute as to the organization or conduct of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des Alcools, des courses et des Jeux. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.